Monday 16 March 2015

Space wolf Thunder cavalry lord Project log# 2.

Welcome returning readers (is there anyone out there lol?) I seem to have ran out of photo allowance and so have turned this project log into a two part monstrosity.

So to pick back up from where I left this work in progress report: There are 2 head options which are magnetic. They are both suitably epic and incomplete, both sitting at around the 85% mark. As I have already waxed lyrical about the helmeted option, I will do the same show and tell for the un-helmeted option.

Importantly I will disclaim the completeness by pointing out that the poor chap has no bleedin ears yet :S and his hair is not fully complete not being luxuriously matted enough. The look I was going for can be described as fluff accurate (yes I'm aware I sound pompous he-heh) basically the dude's got pointy teeth and he looks bloody furious.


The nose needed touching up a bit and so I used a denser putty but mixing in some professional putty with the green-stuff and the left beard is paler as I needed a softer blend in that area. Look carefully and you can notice the two service studs embedded in the right of the captains fore-head (he rose through the ranks quick due to being a dangerous boss mofo). The teeth are still a little wonkey and perhaps the eyes should be a little bigger for ease of painting, I'll most likely touch up the fangs but leave the eyes.

Finally here is a teaser for a personal project of my own that I have started tinkering with since I got pulled back into the maelstrom of the warp. Ten creds to whoever names this 40k race ;p
Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment