Thursday 10 September 2015

Mice and mystics and juggling life

Summer marches on and I begin my undergraduate honours project (dissertation but with more sun burn/tired legs and less carpal tunnel) The thunderwolf goes well and is nearing the finesse stages but I will post on that seperately soon. In the meantime I will show one of my side projects Brodie for mice and mystics.

Well basically, I purchased the game believing there to be a miniature for the games bad guy. This is not the case as is with several boss type characters and the like which are sometimes represented by tokens or cards. Seeing as the heroes and the majority of evil minions such as the rat guards are represented though some people have made their own versions of Brodie, it was one of these images that I mistakenly believed to be an official part of the board game as it looked so good. No stranger to sculpting and converting miniatures I purchased a papo 12 cm cat figure for about 4 quid on amazon and converted him. 




My game is winging its way to me in the post and I can't wait to get adventuring with Prince Robin the rest of his entourage who have been magicked into mice by an evil soceress. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of this game which has been out for several years now and plan to get all the expansions aswell. I am keenly keeping my eye on the progress of tail feathers aswell which has been described as xwing/attack wing meets mice and mystics (but looking at plaid hat games blog posts on mechanics it appears to me to be much more than x wing with mice, one to watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment