Thursday 10 September 2015

One page rules kill team custom scenario.

So I have been spending time on building and painting and not gaming much when it comes to the hobby. But we got in a game of onepage rules kill team! My favourite game to play at the moment. Funnily enough, having just painted all of my Tau I decided to field my fully built yet fully unpainted chaos killteam lol. Truth be told having just finished a 5 game campaign which ended in a draw (I'm sure there is some kind of tie breaking mechanic but we happy with a draw and wanted to use the updated army lists.)I felt I wanted to play a different faction. My chaos faced up againts Tyranids in a A-symmetrical combat, her nids stood at 450 points my chaos at 275! We designed a quick scenario for this one off game, the game would end at turn 4's completion with whoever had the most models (minis not units) present in my "base" an A4 paper sized flat rectangle elevated 2 inches from the table. This was placed in my deployment zone bang in the middle, this was a really fluffy scenario with the Nids totally outnumbering the defenders and swarming over and past them.
The defenders comprised of 2 units of cultists with autoguns and the machine gun upgrade, a unit of zombies, a daemon prince with wings and mark of slaneesh and a chaos raptor with twinlinked lightning claws mark of slaneesh aswell as meltagun. The enemy consisted of hive tyrant with heavy venom cannon, broodlord, 2 or 3 genestealers, 2 units of homagaunts, unit of gargoyles, warrior with death spitter, and I think that was i. I deployed my cultists on top of my base my zombies in some area of terrain rocky environment on my right flank and my daemon prince on my left behind a wall. My raptor stayed in reserve to come in via deepstrike.
One squad of cultists left the base climbing down and walking out into the open they kept the nids at bay and managed to bounce a few assualts by homagaunts (termies standing in for homagaunts) even though they were not hand to hand profecient they seemed blessed by their tainted gods.
The Daemon prince (primed black mini shown here) flew across the battlefield attacking groups of tyranids but got bogged down by overwhelming numbers and retreated then seeing a flock of gargoyles heading for the chaos stronghold he turned back wheeling around on his wings and sword over to engage them aerially. He did not kill any but managed to ground them stunning one and smashing another against the wall as it tried to fly over. 
The chaos raptor with his melta pistols inbuilt to his lightning claws expertly deep striked firing his melta at the tyranid hive tyrant in a gambit to weaken the assual from behind the enemies lines. He hit the tyrant square in the back but must have been too far away as the chitin mearly crisped with an awful stench. 
In all the confusion the chaos didn't notice or were unable to stop the tyranid warrior breaking through the outer perimeter and heading for the base, he was close to his objective.
The raptor tried firing at the tyrant(large black broodlord proxy) and failed to kill him again but then assualted later and was killed in the attempt. The tyranid rushed the base but were held back by the cultists with a barrage of gunfire. The daemon prince game to the aid of the cultists and killed the broodlord.
At the end of turn 4 the nids had overwhelmed the defenders but it was a close call!Lotsoffun

No comments:

Post a Comment